Hypoglycemic and antioxidant effects of jaceosidin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice = Jaceosidin이 streptozotocin으로 유도된 당뇨 쥐의 혈당강하 및 항산화능에 미치는 영향
Cited 6 time in
- Hypoglycemic and antioxidant effects of jaceosidin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice = Jaceosidin이 streptozotocin으로 유도된 당뇨 쥐의 혈당강하 및 항산화능에 미치는 영향
- E Park; Byoung-Mog Kwon; I K Jung; J H Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Nutrition and Health, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 313-320
- Publication Year
- Purpose: In this study, we investigated the effects of jaceosidin on blood glucose regulation in type 1 diabetic mice. Methods: C57BL/6 mice were divided into four groups; normal control (Normal), diabetes control (D-Control), diabetes lowjaceosidin (D-0.005%), and diabetes high-jaceosidin (D-0.02%). Type 1 diabetes was induced by streptozotocin and mice were then fed a diet containing jaceosidin for eight weeks. Fasting blood glucose, oral glucose tolerance test, insulin tolerance test, lipid peroxidation, and antioxidant enzyme activities were assessed. Results: Jaceosidin supplementation for eight weeks had no effect on body weight, organ weight, and blood lipid profiles. However, jaceosidin supplementation significantly lowered fasting blood glucose level and reduced insulin resistance. We also found that jaceosidin supplementation increased antioxidant capacity by enhancement of catalase and GSH-px activities. Conclusion: These results suggest that jaceosidin could be a therapeutic candidate to ameliorate hyperglycemia through increase of antioxidant enzyme activity.
- AntioxidantDiabetes mellitusJaceosidinLipid peroxidation
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.