Studies on antioxidant activity and in vitro inhibitory activity of tyrosinase and collagenase in Artocarpus nitidus subsp. lingnaensis (Merr.) F.M. Jarrett using 4 parameter logistic = 변수 분석을 통한 아토카푸스 니티두스 추출물과 분획물의 항산화, 타이로시나제 및 콜라제나제 In Vitro 저해활성 연구
Cited 0 time in
- Studies on antioxidant activity and in vitro inhibitory activity of tyrosinase and collagenase in Artocarpus nitidus subsp. lingnaensis (Merr.) F.M. Jarrett using 4 parameter logistic = 변수 분석을 통한 아토카푸스 니티두스 추출물과 분획물의 항산화, 타이로시나제 및 콜라제나제 In Vitro 저해활성 연구
- Kwang-Hee Son; Young-Kook Kim; Sangho Choi; Z Zhang; D H Shin; J S Lee; Ho Yong Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Society of Cosmetic Scientists of Korea, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 161-173
- Publication Year
- In this study, the antioxidative and inhibitory activity of tyrosinase and collagenase for the solvent extract and silica column fractions of Artocarpus nitidus were evaluated. The activities were quantified using the 4 parameter logistic. LC/MS analysis showed that the major component of the fractions was polyphenol and the total polyphenol content of the extract was 48.1 ± 2.6 mg GAE/g. The radical scavenging activities (SC50) for 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl of the extract, fraction-1 and fraction-2 were 16.7, 42.0 and 10.1 μg/mL, respectively. The value for fraction-2 was the closest to ascorbic acid (1.5 μg/mL). The tyrosinase inhibitory activity of the extracts and the fractions showed IC50 of 64.9, 0.9 and 1.2 μg/mL, respectively, and overall activity was higher than that of kojic acid (7.4 μg/mL) and arbutin (119.0 μg/mL). In the experiment by zebrafish embryo, the whitening activity of fraction-2 (27.5%) was higher than that of kojic acid (18.6%), and there was no adverse effect up to 500 μg/mL of fraction-2. For the collagenase inhibitory activity, the samples showed IC50 of 139.8, 20.6, and 16.8 μg/mL, respectively, which were competitive to 1, 10-Phenanthroline (55.4 μg/mL). The extract and fraction-2 showed IC50 of 61.8 and 67.1 μg/mL for elastase. These results suggest that A. nitidus extract can be used as a cosmetic material useful for antioxidant, whitening, and prevention of skin aging without adverse effects.
- antioxidant; polyphenol; collagenase inhibition; tyrosinase inhibition; Artocarpus nitidus
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > International Biological Material Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.