Cited 10 time in
- Anti-allergy effect of mojabanchromanol isolated from Sargassum horneri in bone marrow-derived cultured mast cells
- H S Kim; E J Han; I P S Fernando; K K A Sanjeewa; T u Jayawardena; H J Kim; Y Jee; S H Kang; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jun-Pil Jang; K H I N M Herath; Y J Jeon; G Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Algal Research-Biomass Biofuels and Bioproducts, vol. 48, pp. 101898-101898
- Publication Year
- This study was conducted to isolate and identify an active compound possessing anti-allergic property from the Jeju Island inhabiting Sargassum horneri (S. horneri). The ethanol extract of S. horneri (SHE) exhibited an anti-allergic effect via the reduction of β-hexosaminidase release in immunoglobulin E (IgE)/bovine serum albumin (BSA)-stimulated bone marrow-derived cultured mast cells (BMCMCs). SHE was subjected to liquid phase fractionation obtaining the hexane fraction, and this was further purified via ODS column chromatography and prep-C18 HPLC. The isolated compound was identified as mojabanchromanol (MC) by 1H, 13C NMR, and LCMS analysis. Isolated MC showed a higher inhibitory effect on the β-hexosaminidase release than those of SHE without cytotoxicity. Moreover, MC inhibited the mRNA expression levels of allergic cytokines in BMCMCs. This is the first report to inform on the anti-allergic property of MC isolated from S. horneri. In conclusion, SHE, as well as MC, is applicable in the development of functional health food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products exhibiting anti-allergic effects.
- Anti-allergy; Brown seaweed; Mast cells; Mojabanchromanol; Sargassum horneri
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.