Immunoregulatory properties of a crude extraction fraction rich in polysaccharide from Chrysanthemum zawadskii Herbich var. latilobum and its potential role as a vaccine adjuvant
Cited 5 time in
- Immunoregulatory properties of a crude extraction fraction rich in polysaccharide from Chrysanthemum zawadskii Herbich var. latilobum and its potential role as a vaccine adjuvant
- J M Han; H Y Song; H S Seo; E H Byun; S T Lim; Woo Sik Kim; E B Byun
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Immunopharmacology, vol. 95, pp. 107513-107513
- Publication Year
- The objective of the current study was to demonstrate the immunostimulatory effects of a polysaccharide isolated from Chrysanthemum zawadskii Herbich var. latilobum leaves (CP) and evaluate its potential as a vaccine adjuvant. Results showed that CP induced maturation of the dendritic cells (DCs). In addition, CP-treated DCs activated naive T cells to polarized CD4+ and CD8+ T cells and substantially induced the production of IFN-γ and IL-2 in vitro. Furthermore, CP initiated the maturation of DCs via the activation of MAPK and NF-κB signaling pathways. Interestingly, systemic administration of CP-treated DCs pulsed with ovalbumin (OVA) peptides significantly enhanced the immune response in vivo, which included the generation of antigen (OVA)-specific polyfunctional T cells, increased cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity, induction of Th1-mediated humoral immunity, and suppression of tumor growth. Taken together, our study highlighted the immunoregulatory activity of CP as well as its potential as a candidate vaccine adjuvant.
- Natural productChrysanthemum zawadskii Herbich var.LatilobumDendritic cellAnti-tumor immunityPolyfunctional T cellAdjuvant
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.