Pedobacter endophyticus sp. nov., an endophytic bacterium isolated from Carex pumila
Cited 0 time in
- Pedobacter endophyticus sp. nov., an endophytic bacterium isolated from Carex pumila
- Y Peng; L Jiang; Ji Yoon Seo; Zhun Li; Han Na Choe; Jae Cheol Jeong; Suk Weon Kim; Y M Kim; Cha Young Kim; Jiyoung Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 71, no. 7, pp. 004915-004915
- Publication Year
- An aerobic, Gram-stain-negative, weak-motile, short-rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated JBR3-12T, was isolated from halophyte Carex pumila plants, and its taxonomic position was investigated by using a polyphasic taxonomic approach. The strain produced a pink pigment on tryptic soy agar and grew optimally at 25 °C, pH 8 and in the presence of 3 % (w/v) NaCl. Results of phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain JBR3-12T formed a lineage within the genus Pedobacter and was most closely related to Pedobacter sandarakinus DS-27T (98.0 %) and Pedobacter agri PB92T (97.6 %). The DNA G+C content of the genome was 41.3 mol%; the whole genome length was 5 426 070 bp. The major fatty acids of JBR3-12T were iso-C15 : 0, summed feature 3 (comprising C16 : 1 ω6c and/or C16 : 1 ω7c) and iso-C17 : 0 3-OH. The predominant polar lipid was phosphatidylethanolamine. The predominant quinone was menaquinone-7. Based on its phenotypic, phylogenetic and genotypic features, strain JBR3-12T is proposed to represent a novel species of the genus Pedobacter, for which the name is Pedobacter endophyticus sp. nov. The type strain is JBR3-12T (=KCTC 82363T=NBRC 114901T).
- Carex pumila; Novel species; Pedobacter endophyticus sp. nov.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.