SUMO modification of OsFKBP20-1b is integral to proper pre-mRNA splicing upon heat stress in rice = 벼 OsFKBP20-1b 단백질의 스모화 변형을 통한 고온스트레스 pre-mRNA 스플라이싱 조절
Cited 0 time in
- SUMO modification of OsFKBP20-1b is integral to proper pre-mRNA splicing upon heat stress in rice = 벼 OsFKBP20-1b 단백질의 스모화 변형을 통한 고온스트레스 pre-mRNA 스플라이싱 조절
- Hyun Ji Park; Hae-Myeong Jung; Areum Lee; Seung Hee Jo; Hyo Jun Lee; Hyun-Soon Kim; C K Jung; Sung Ran Min; Hye Sun Cho
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 9049-9049
- Publication Year
- OsFKBP20-1b, a plant-specific cyclophilin protein, has been implicated to regulate pre-mRNA splicing under stress conditions in rice. Here, we demonstrated that OsFKBP20-1b is SUMOylated in a reconstituted SUMOylation system in E.coli and in planta, and that the SUMOylation-coupled regulation was associated with enhanced protein stability using a less SUMOylated OsFKBP20-1b mutant (5KR_OsFKBP20-1b). Furthermore, OsFKBP20-1b directly interacted with OsSUMO1 and OsSUMO2 in the nucleus and cytoplasm, whereas the less SUMOylated 5KR_OsFKBP20-1b mutant had an impaired interaction with OsSUMO1 and 2 in the cytoplasm but not in the nucleus. Under heat stress, the abundance of an OsFKBP20-1b-GFP fusion protein was substantially increased in the nuclear speckles and cytoplasmic foci, whereas the heat-responsiveness was remarkably diminished in the presence of the less SUMOylated 5KR_OsFKBP20-1b-GFP mutant. The accumulation of endogenous SUMOylated OsFKBP20-1b was enhanced by heat stress in planta. Moreover, 5KR_OsFKBP20-1b was not sufficiently associated with the U snRNAs in the nucleus as a spliceosome component. A protoplast transfection assay indicated that the low SUMOylation level of 5KR_OsFKBP20-1b led to inaccurate alternative splicing and transcription under heat stress. Thus, our results suggest that OsFKBP20-1b is post-translationally regulated by SUMOylation, and the modification is crucial for proper RNA processing in response to heat stress in rice.
- SUMOylation; OsFKBP20-1b; Splicing factor; Heat stress; pre-mRNA splicing
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.