Ulleunganilines A-C, trichostatin analogues bearing a modified side chain from Streptomyces sp. 13F051
Cited 0 time in
- Ulleunganilines A-C, trichostatin analogues bearing a modified side chain from Streptomyces sp. 13F051
- Gui-Ja Hwang; Mina Jang; Sangkeun Son; Byeongsan Lee; Jun-Pil Jang; Jung-Sook Lee; Sung-Kyun Ko; Young-Soo Hong; Jong Seog Ahn; Jae-Hyuk Jang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 84, pp. 2420-2426
- Publication Year
- Three new trichostatin analogues, ulleunganilines A-C (1-3), and seven known trichostatins (4-10) were isolated from cultures of Streptomyces sp. 13F051. NMR, UV, and MS data indicated that the planar structures of 1-3 consisted of modified side chains in the trichostatic acid moiety. The absolute configuration of the 2,4-dimethyl-branched carbon chains in 1 and 2 was determined by the PGME method, while the amino acid group in 3 was identified by advanced Marfey's method. Based on the structure of the modified side chains, the origin of 1-3 is proposed. Further experiments indicated that 1 and 3 displayed moderate histone deacetylase inhibitory activity, suggesting that not only the hydroxamate group but also the N,N-dimethyl group were essential for the inhibitory activity.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.