Cited 0 time in
- Morphological changes of bovine epididymal spermatozoa incubated in chemical defined medium = 인공배양액에서 배양된 우정자의 형태적 변화
- D H Ko; S H Yoon; K B Oum; Kyung Kwang Lee; K S Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Reproductive & Developmental Biology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 33-39
- Publication Year
- This experiment was carried out to investigate ultrastructural changes that occurred in bovine epididymal spermatozoa during incubation in a BO medium supplemented with 5mM caffeine. No structural changes were observed under electron microscope in the majority of non -incubated sperm(79.8%) keeping the membrane intact. Structural changes were however observed when spermatozoa were cultured in a BO medium supplemented with 5mM caffeine, which were classified into 4 types, “intact(29.4%)”，Mvesiculated(45.6%)“acrosome lost(17. 8%)” and “degenerated(7.2%)” spermatozoa, respectively. These results indicated that: 1) vesiculation of spermatozoa membrane is normal acrosome reaction and acrosome lost of spermatozoa is dead one: 2) caffeine can induce acrosome
reaction of bovine epididymal spermatozoa.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.