Magnone A and B, novel Anti-PAF tetrahydrofuran lignans from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii
Cited 0 time in
- Magnone A and B, novel Anti-PAF tetrahydrofuran lignans from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii
- Keun Young Jung; Dong Seon Kim; Sei Ryang Oh; Si Hyung Park; Im Seon Lee; Jung Joon Lee; Dong Hyuk Shin; Hyeong Kyu Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 61, pp. 808-811
- Publication Year
- In a search for platelet-activating-factor (PAF) antagonists, two new lignan compounds were isolated from the Chinese crude drug shin-i, the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii. Their structures were elucidated as (2S,3R,4R)- tetrahydro-2-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)-4-(3,4-dimethoxybenzoyl)-3- (hydroxymethyl)furan (magnone A, 1) and (2S,3R,4R)-tetrahydro-2-(3,4,5- trimethoxyphenyl)-4-(3,4-dimethoxybenzoyl)-3-(hydroxymethyl)furan (magnone B, 2). Magnones A and B showed antagonistic activity against PAF in the [3H]PAF receptor binding assay with the IC50 values of 3.8 x 10-5 M and 2.7 x 10-5 M, respectively.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.