Cited 0 time in
- Identification of new GATA factor family genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae & Schizosaccharomyces pombe
- Kwang Lae Hoe; Kyung Sook Chung; Mi Sun Won; O J Yoo; Hyang Sook Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 897-906
- Publication Year
- By genomic Southern hybridization using degenerate oligo probes corresponding to the conserved zinc finger of the GATA family, four and three new GATA-factor genes were detected in Saccharomyces cereviaiae and Schizosaccharomyces and pombe respectively. Through degenerate PCR and Southern hybridization using an internal probe between the PCR primers, a new GATA-factor gene of S. pombe, gaf1, was identified. The DNA sequence analysis revealed that the partial gafl gene contains the strictly conserved zinc finger which is the hallmark of the GATA family. As judged form the codon usage of leucine in the zinc finger probe, the zinc fingers of S. pombe are more similar to those of higher fungi than those of S. cerevisiae, and this means that S. pombe is phylogenically close to higher organisms than S. cerevisiae.
- GATA factorzinc fingerS. pombedegenerate PCR
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.