Chaetoglobosin A, an inhibitor of Bleb formation on K562 cells induced by phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate
Cited 0 time in
- Chaetoglobosin A, an inhibitor of Bleb formation on K562 cells induced by phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate
- Hack Ryong Ko; Bo Yeon Kim; Soon Cheol Ahn; Won Keun Oh; Jin Hee Kim; Hyun Sun Lee; Hwan Mook Kim; Sang Bae Han; Tae Ick Mheen; Jong Seog Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 705-709
- Publication Year
- In the course of screening for the substances suppressing bleb formation of K562 cell induced by phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate (PDBu), an inhibitor, chaetoglobosin A (CgA) was isolated from a cultured broth of unidentified fungus. CgA showed a strong inhibitory activity with the IC50 value of 60 pM against bleb formation on K562 cells induced by PDBu, but it did not inhibit the activity of protein kinase C (PKC) in vitro. The inhibitory activity of CgA might be due to the modulation of actin filaments on the cell membrane. CgA exhibited strong cytotoxicity against various human cancer cell lines.
- Bleb formation; inhibitor; PDBu; K562 cells; chaetoglobosin A
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.