Biological activities of sesquiterpene lactones isolated from several compositae plants. Part 1 Cytotoxicity against cancer cell lines = 수종의 국화과 식물에서 분리한 Sesquiterpene Lactone들의 생리활성(제1보) 암세포주에 대한 세포독성
Cited 0 time in
- Biological activities of sesquiterpene lactones isolated from several compositae plants. Part 1 Cytotoxicity against cancer cell lines = 수종의 국화과 식물에서 분리한 Sesquiterpene Lactone들의 생리활성(제1보) 암세포주에 대한 세포독성
- Dae Sik Jang; Ki Hun Park; Hwan Mook Kim; Dong Ho Hong; Hyo Kon Chun; Yung Hee Kho; Min Suk Yang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 243-247
- Publication Year
- A diverse panel of human tumor cell lines and a mouse melanoma cell line (B16-F1) were used for the cytotoxicity test of the nine sesquiterpene lactones with α-methylene-γ-lactone group isolated from Hemisteptia lyrata, Chrysanthemum zawadskii and Chrysanthemum boreale. In the cell adhesion inhibitory activity test against B16-F1 mouse melanoma cell, hemistepcin B, cumambrin B, costunolide and tulipinolide were shown significant activities with IC50 range of 2.2, 4.1, 0.9 and 0.3 μg/ml, respectively. In the cytotoxicity test against human tumor cells, the most active compound was costunolide having IC50 values of below 0.3 μg/ml against all the tested cell lines except for UACC62. Cumambrin A, hendelin and costunolide exhibited more strong activity against HCT15 and UO-31 cell lines than a positive control, adriamycin. All tested compounds showed an IC50 values of below 5.0 μg/ml against all the tested cell lines.
- CompositaeHemisteptia lyrataChrysanthemum zawadskiiChrysanthemum borealesesquiterpene lactonecytotoxicity
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.