Cited 42 time in
- In vitro anticomplementary activity of hederagenin saponins isolated from roots of dipsacus asper
- Sei Ryang Oh; Keun Young Jung; Kun Ho Son; Si Hyung Park; Im Seon Lee; Kyung Seop Ahn; Hyeong Kyu Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 317-319
- Publication Year
- Anticomplementary activity of hederagenin and related saponins isolated from Dipsacus asper was investigated in vitro. HN saponin F (3) was most potent with IC50 value of 3.7×10-5 M followed by 3-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→3)-α-L-rhamnopyranosyl-(1→2)- β-L-arabinopyranosyl hederagenin 28-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→6)-β-D-glucopyrano side (8), 3-O-β-L-arabinopyranosyl hederagenin 28-O-β-D-glucopyranosyl-(1→6)-β-D-glucopyranoside (5), dipsacus saponin A (4), and hederagenin (1) on the classical pathway (CP) of complement system, while the saponins 3-5 did not show the inhibition of hemolysis and rather increase the hemolysis on the alternative pathway (AP). However, all of C-3 monodesmosides [prosapogenin CP (2), dipsacus saponin B (6), and dipsacus saponin C (7)] evoked hemolysis directly on the erythrocytes.
- Anticomplementary activity; Hederagenin; Hederagenin saponins; Dipsacus asper
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.