Production and characterization of an antibody specific for a novel protein serine/Threonine kinase, MPK38, highly expressed in hematopoietic cells
Cited 2 time in
- Production and characterization of an antibody specific for a novel protein serine/Threonine kinase, MPK38, highly expressed in hematopoietic cells
- Young Yang; Min Chan Gil; Young Hoon Lee; Hyun Jung Ha
- Bibliographic Citation
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 80, pp. 13-22
- Publication Year
- We report an antibody that selectively recognizes MPK38, a new protein serine/threonine kinase closely related to the SNF1 serine/threonine kinase family. This antibody recognized a region of the N-terminal kinase catalytic domain and part of the remaining C-terminal portion and was sensitive enough to detect a 72-kDa recombinant MPK38 in insect cells by Western blotting. Immunoblot analysis showed that the recombinant MPK38 was expressed in a time-dependent manner and reached a maximum after 48 h postinfection. In addition, the immune complex kinase assay revealed that the recombinant and endogenous MPK38 protein autophosphorylated in vitro. Phosphoamino acid analysis of autophosphorylated MPK38 protein showed that the phosphorylation was exclusively on serine and threonine residues, suggesting that MPK38 is a protein serine/threonine kinase. Thus, this antibody could be helpful for elucidating the biological functions of MPK38 in the MPK38-expressing cells.
- serine/threonine kinaseautophosphorylationsignal transductionrecombinant proteinAnti-MPK38 antibody
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.