Tylopeptins A and B, new antibiotic peptides from Tylopilus neofelleus
Cited 28 time in
- Tylopeptins A and B, new antibiotic peptides from Tylopilus neofelleus
- Sang Jun Lee; Bong Sik Yun; Duck Hyun Cho; Ick Dong Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 998-1006
- Publication Year
- Two new peptides, tylopeptins A and B, were isolated from the methanol extract of the fruiting body of the mushroom, Tylopilus neofelleus. These peptides were identified as peptaibols possessing an acetylated N-terminal residue, fourteen amino acids, and leucinol as the C-terminal amino alcohol. Sequential determination and complete 1H and 13C resonance assignments were based on positive ion FAB mass spectroscopy and two dimensional NMR techniques. These peptides were subsequently shown to be active against some Gram-positive bacteria, but inactive against pathogenic fungi and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Springer-Nature Pub Group
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.