Screening of microorganisms producing esterase for the production of (R)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyric acid from methyl (R,S)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyrate
Cited 7 time in
- Screening of microorganisms producing esterase for the production of (R)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyric acid from methyl (R,S)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyrate
- Boyapati Gokul; Je Hyuk Lee; Ki Bang Song; T Panda; Sang Ki Rhee; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 57-60
- Publication Year
- (R)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyric acid (RAM), a chiral compound, is an important intermediate for the chemical synthesis of various antihypertensive and congestive heart failure drugs. Microorganisms capable of converting (R,S)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyric acid ((R,S)-ester) to RAM were screened from soil microorganisms. A strain of Pseudomonas sp. 1001 screened from a soil sample was selected to be the best. Cells showed an activity of 540 U/mL from culture broth and the enzyme was thermostable up to 70°C. This strain could produce RAM asymmetrically from (R,S)-ester.
- (R)-β-acetylmercaptoisobutyric acid; Pseudomonas sp.; esterase; enzymatic resolution
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.