Cited 0 time in
- Sequence analysis of β-lactoglobulin promoter in Korean cattle = 한우의 β-lactoglobulin 유전자 발현조절부위의 염기서열 분석
- B C Sang; S H Ryoo; S H Lee; S L Yoo; Tae Hoon Lee; Dae Yeul Yu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Animal Science and Technology, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 443-450
- Publication Year
- This study was analyzed by PCR technique with specific primers in order to investigate the characterizations of β-lactoglobulin promoter in Korean cattle.
This study confirmed amplified product of 776bp fragments obtained from the amplification of β-lactoglobulin promoter from genomic DNA using PCR in Korean cattle. The nucleotide sequence of β-lactoglobulin promoter in Korean cattle as compared with bovine β-lactoglobulin(β-LG) (Lorraine et al., 1997) was different in eight nucleotides and showed high homology as about 98.9%.
Also, the transcriptional factors of β-lactoglobulin promoter in Korean cattle could be confirmed that existed at the same position of bovine β-lactoglobulin promoter by reported study such as AP-2(activator protein-2), NF-1(nuclear factor-1), MGF(mammary gland factor) and MPBF(milk protein binding factor). But we confirmed that Korean cattle as different from Holstein, substituted C→T at -362bp of NF-1 and -204bp of MPBF.
As a consequence, The sequences of β-LG promotor was showed a high homology between Korean cattle and Holstein. Furthermore, we should be studied that relationships between the control of gene expression and nucleotide sequences of transcription factor NF-1 and MPBF in Korean cattle and Holstein.
(Key words : Korean cattle, β-lactoglobulin promotor, PCR, Transcription factors)
- Korean cattle; β-lactoglobulin promotor; PCR; transcription factors
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.