2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate, a stable free radical, is an α-glycosidase inhibitor
Cited 1 time in
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate, a stable free radical, is an α-glycosidase inhibitor
- Dong Sun Lee; Nam Soon Kim; Sang Han Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 727-728
- Publication Year
- Glycosidases play a pivotal role in processing of various glycoproteins and glycolipids. It is well known that glycosidases are also involved in a variety of degenerative metabolic disorders such as cancer and AIDS. In order to develop potent α-glucosidase inhibitors, we first screened 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate as a candidate. 2,2-Diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate was found to inhibit α- and β-glucosidases as well as α- and β-mannosidases. It was also shown to be a non-competitive inhibitor of yeast α-glucosidase with a Ki value of 1.1×10-6 M. Taken together, we anticipate that 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrate may be a potent inhibitor for some incurable metabolic disorders including AIDS.
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl hydrateα-glucosidase inhibitorenzyme kineticsnon-competitive inhibition
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Rare Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.