Agastinol and agastenol, novel lignans from Agastache rugosa and their evaluation in an apoptosis inhibition assay
Cited 41 time in
- Agastinol and agastenol, novel lignans from Agastache rugosa and their evaluation in an apoptosis inhibition assay
- Choong Hwan Lee; Hyun A Kim; Yung Hee Kho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 414-416
- Publication Year
- Investigation of the whole plant of Agastache rugosa resulted in the isolation of two new lignan compounds. Their structures were elucidated as (8S, 7′R, 8′S)-4-hydroxybenzoic acid 4-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzyl)2-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl) tetrahydrofuran-3-ylmethyl ester (agastinol, 1) and (7′R, 8′S)-4-hydroxybenzoic acid 4-(hydroxy-3-methoxybenzylidene)-2-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)- tetrahydrofuran-3ylmethyl ester (agastenol, 2). Agastinol and agastenol inhibited etoposide-induced apoptosis in U937 cells with IC50 values of 15.2 and 11.4μg/mL, respectively.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.