Gymnasterkoreaynes A-F, cytotoxic polyacetylenes from Gymnaster koraiensis
Cited 60 time in
- Gymnasterkoreaynes A-F, cytotoxic polyacetylenes from Gymnaster koraiensis
- H J Jung; Byung Sun Min; J Y Park; Y H Kim; Hyeong Kyu Lee; K H Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 897-901
- Publication Year
- Six new polyacetylenes, gymnasterkoreaynes A-F (1-6), were isolated from the roots of Gymnaster koraiensis, together with 2,9,16-heptadecatrien-4,6-diyn-8-ol (7) and 1,9,16-heptadecatriene-4,6-diyn-3,8-diol (8), by bioassay-guided fractionation using the L1210 tumor cell line as a model for cytotoxicity. The structures of compounds 1-6 were established spectroscopically, which included 2D NMR experiments. Gymnasterkoreaynes A-F (1-6) are linear diacetylenes and are structurally related to falcarinol, panaxynol, panaxydiol, and panaxytriol. of the compounds isolated, gymnasterkoreaynes B (2), C (3), F (6), and 1,9,16-heptadecatrien-4,6-diyn-3,8-diol (8) exhibited significant cytotoxicity against L1210 tumor cells with ED50 values of 0.12-3.3 μg/mL.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.