Isolation and identification of antioxidant-producing marine bacteria and medium optimization = 항산화 물질을 생산하는 해양 미생물의 분리.동정 및 배양 특성 조사
Cited 0 time in
- Isolation and identification of antioxidant-producing marine bacteria and medium optimization = 항산화 물질을 생산하는 해양 미생물의 분리.동정 및 배양 특성 조사
- H J Kim; S H Yeo; S C Cho; D W Bae; Jung-Hoon Yoon; Y I Hwang; S C Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 223-229
- Publication Year
- For the research of the natural marine antioxidant, several bacteria were isolated from the coast of Jin-Hae in Korea. Among the marine bacteria studied, strain HJ-14, a gram-negative, motile, strait rod, aerobic, and Na+ required bacterium showed high activity of 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging. The morphological, physiological, and biochemical characteristics of the strain HJ-14 were similar to those of the Alteromonas macleodii ATCC 27126T. Thus, it was tentatively identified as Alteromonas sp. HJ-14. The compositions of major fatty acids in cell membrane of Alteromonas sp. HJ-14 were C14:0, C15:0, C 16:0 and C17:1 w8c, which also suggest that it is affiliated with Alteromonas sp. The optimum culture conditions for production of antioxidant materials with Alteromonas sp. HJ-14 were at 25-37°C and pH 6-8. The optimum conditions for the production of antioxidant for carbon, inorganic nitrogen, and sodium chloride sources were 2.5%(w/v) dextrin, 0.5%(w/v) ammonium sulfate, and 2-6%(w/v) sodium chloride, respectively. The hydroxyl radical scavenging ability of Alteromonas sp. HJ-14 broth was 90.03%, which is higher than ascorbic acid(83.28%) and lower than butylated hydroxyanisole(95.46%) and α-tocopherol(97.17%).
- alteromonas sp.antioxidantidentificationoptimum culture condition
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.