Cloning and characterization of the cDNA encoding the masquerade-like serine proteinase homologue gene of the silkworm, Bombyx mori
Cited 0 time in
- Cloning and characterization of the cDNA encoding the masquerade-like serine proteinase homologue gene of the silkworm, Bombyx mori
- Doo Sang Park; Ho Yong Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Entomology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 125-131
- Publication Year
- From Bombyx mori larvae, RT-PCR and cDNA library screening isolated masquerade-like serine proteinase homologue cDNA gene, proposed to be related to insect immunity and its characteristics were examined. The isolated gene is composed of 1.3 kb of nucleotide and 420 amino acid residues were encoded. According to the results of database search, the isolated gene showed high sequence homology with Holotrichia and Tenebrio's 45 kDa protein, Drosophila CG5390 gene. Moreover, it is composed of regulatory domain and catalytic domain, which is characteristic of serine proteinase that can be found in the insect immune reaction and embryonic development processes. Enzyme activation site by proteolytic cleavage and the sequence of three amino acids participate in the catalytic triad of enzyme and 14 cystein residues used in disulfide bridges are well conserved with the compared genes. The mRNA expression was increased following E. coli injection and constitutive expression was also observed before injection by Northern blot analysis.
- insect immunity; prophenoloxidase; serine proteinase; bombyx mori masquerade-like serine proteinase homologue gene
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.