Synthesis, cytotoxicity and antitumor activity of 2,3-diarylcyclopent-2-ene-1-ones
Cited 10 time in
- Synthesis, cytotoxicity and antitumor activity of 2,3-diarylcyclopent-2-ene-1-ones
- N H Nam; Y Kim; Y J You; Dong Ho Hong; Hwan Mook Kim; B Z Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 600-607
- Publication Year
- Two series of 2,3-diarylcyclopent-2-ene-1-ones including 2-aryl-3-(2,5-dihydroxyphenyl)cyclopent-2-ene-1-ones (2a-2f) and 3-aryl-2-(3′,4′,5′-trimethoxyphenyl)cyclopent-2-ene-1-one (3a-3j) were synthesized and evaluated for the cytotoxicity against three tumor cell lines; B16F10, HCT116 and A431. It was found that the 3,4,5-trimethoxy substituent was optimal for the bio-activity of compounds in series 2. Meanwhile, compounds in series 3 exhibited the most potent cytotoxicity with 3-aryl ring being 4-methoxyphenyl (compound 3f), (3-hydroxy-4-methoxy)phenyl (compound 3e), or (3-amino-4-methoxy)phenyl (compound 3j).
- 2,3-Diarylcyclopent-2-ene-1-ones; antitumor activity; cytotoxicity
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.