Screening of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1-induced chemotaxis inhibitors from medicinal herbs = 생약자원으로부터 monocyte chemoattractant protein-1에 의한 chemotaxis 저해활성 검색
Cited 0 time in
- Screening of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1-induced chemotaxis inhibitors from medicinal herbs = 생약자원으로부터 monocyte chemoattractant protein-1에 의한 chemotaxis 저해활성 검색
- Seung Woong Lee; Oh Eok Kwon; Mi Yeon Chung; Y H Kim; Mun Chual Rho; Hyun Sun Lee; Young Kook Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 352-358
- Publication Year
- Blood monocytes are the precursors for the lipid-laden foam cells of early atherosclerotic lesions. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), a CC chemokine, and chemokine receptor 2 (CCR2) play a crucial role in the recruitment of monocytes to the vascular lesion. Using the human monocyte THP-1 cell line, we investigate the inhibitory effects of methanol extracts of 127 medicinal herbs on MCP-1-induced chemotaxis. Seven kinds of methanol extracts of medicinal herbs showed above 40% inhibitory effect with the concentration of 25 μg/ml. They were divide three fractions of CHCl3, BuOH, H2O to use solvent partition. Among them, butanol extract of Junci Medulla and CHCl3 extract of Clematidis Radix are showed significant inhibitory activities (above 50% inhibition) at the same concentration.
- chemotaxis; medicinal herb; monocyte chemoattractant protein-1; chemotaxis; herb; medicinal plant; monocyte
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.