Cited 21 time in
- Inhibitory activity of diarylheptanoids on farnesyl protein transferase
- Hyun Mi Kang; Kwang Hee Son; D C Yang; Dong Cho Han; Jong Han Kim; N I Baek; Byoung-Mog Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Natural Product Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 295-299
- Publication Year
- Diarylheptanoids [curcumin (1), demethoxycurcumin (2), bisdemethoxycurcumin (3), bisdimethoxymethylcurcumin (4), and 1,2-dihydrobis(de-O-methyl)curcumin (5)] were isolated from the methanolic extract of Curcuma longa L. and a new cyclic diarylheptanoid (6) and a known Compound 7 were isolated from fruits of Alnus japonica Steud. Diarylheptanoids (1-3) inhibited farnesyl protein transferase (FPTase) with an IC50 of 29-50 μM. The other compounds very mildly inhibited FPTase, therefore, the inhibitory activity on FPTase very much depends on the structure of diarylheptanoids.
- Alnus japonica; Curcuma longa; Diarylheptanoids; Farnesyl protein transferase
- T&F (Taylor & Francis)
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.