Human ACAT-1 and -2 inhibitory activities of saucerneol B, manassantin A and B isolated from Saururus chinensis
Cited 45 time in
- Human ACAT-1 and -2 inhibitory activities of saucerneol B, manassantin A and B isolated from Saururus chinensis
- Woo Song Lee; Dae Woo Lee; Young Il Baek; So Jin An; Kyung Hyun Cho; Yang Kyu Choi; Hyoung-Chin Kim; Ho Yong Park; K H Bae; Tae Sook Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 3109-3112
- Publication Year
- The sesquineolignan, saucerneol B (1), and dineolignans, manassantin A (2), and manassantin B (3), were isolated from the methanol extracts of Saururus chinensis root and elucidated by their spectroscopic data analysis. Compounds 1-3 inhibited hACAT-1 and hACAT-2 with IC50 values of 43.0 and 124.0μM for 1, of 39.0 and 8.0μM for 2, of 82.0μM and only 32% inhibition at 1mM for 3, respectively. The EtOAc-soluble fraction, which contained compounds 1-3, of methanol extracts of S. chinensis exhibited strong cholesterol-lowering effect in high cholesterol-fed mice.
- hACAT-1 and hACAT-2Hypocholesterolemic activityInhibitorLignansS. chinensis
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.