Psychrobacter alimentarius sp. nov., isolated from squid jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood
Cited 19 time in
- Psychrobacter alimentarius sp. nov., isolated from squid jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; S H Yeo; Tae Kwang Oh; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 171-176
- Publication Year
- Two Gram-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming, moderately halophilic strains, JG-100T and JG-102, were isolated from squid jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood. The two strains grew optimally at 30°C and in the presence of 2-3% (v/w) NaCl. Strains JG-100T and JG-102 were characterized chemotaxonomically; they both had ubiquinone-8 as the predominant respiratory lipoquinone and C18:1ω9c as the major fatty acid. Their DNA G+C content was 44 mol%. Strains JG-100T and JG-102 showed 1 bp difference in their 16S rRNA gene sequences and a mean DNA-DNA relatedness level of 88%. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strains JG-100T and JG-102 form a distinct phylogenetic lineage within the cluster comprising Psychrobacter species. The 16S rRNA gene sequences of strains JG-100T and JG-102 had similarity levels of 95.2-98.4% to sequences of the type strains of recognized Psychrobacter species. Levels of DNA-DNA relatedness between strains JG-100T and JG-102 and the type strains of some phylogenetically related Psychrobacter species were 6-24%. On the basis of phenotypic and phylogenetic data and genomic distinctiveness, strains JG-100T and JG-102 should be placed in the genus Psychrobacter as a novel species, for which the name Psychrobacter alimentarius sp. nov. (type strain, JG-100T=KCTC 12186T=DSM 16065T) is proposed.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.