Genotypic and phenotypic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus isolates from lettuces and raw milk = 상추와 원유에서 분리한 황색 포도상구균의 유전형 및 표현형 특징
Cited 0 time in
- Genotypic and phenotypic characteristics of Staphylococcus aureus isolates from lettuces and raw milk = 상추와 원유에서 분리한 황색 포도상구균의 유전형 및 표현형 특징
- H J Jung; J I Cho; S H Park; S D Ha; K H Lee; C H Kim; E S Song; D H Chung; Min-Gon Kim; K Y Kim; K S Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 134-141
- Publication Year
- To characterize genotypic and phenotypic traits of Staphylococcus aureus isolates (n = 86) from lettuces and raw milk, major virulence-associated genes and antibiotic susceptibility were detected using PCR-based methods and disk diffusion method, respectively. All isolates possessed coagulase gene and showed five polymorphism types [500 bp (2.4%), 580 bp (17.4%), 660 bp (61.6%), 740 bp (17.4%), and 820 bp (1.2%)] due to variable numbers of tandem repeats present within the gene. Two or three different loci of hemolysin gene family were dominant in isolates, 47 of which (55%) possessed combination of hla / hld / hlg-2 genes as the most prevalent types. Among enterotoxin-encoding genes, sea was detected from 32 isolates (37%), sed from 1 isolate (1%), and sea and sed genes were co-detected from 4 isolates (5%), whereas seb, sec, and tsst-1 genes were not detected. All isolates were susceptible to ciprofloxacin, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, oxacillin,and vancomycin, 85 isolates (99%) to penicillin G, 54 isolates (63%) to chloramphenicol, 51 isolates (59%) to erythromycin, and 7 isolates (8%) to clindamycin. Among resistant isolates, seven displayed multiantibiotic-resistance against two different antibiotics.
- staphylococcus aureuscoagulasehemolysinenterotoxinantimicrobial susceptibility
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.