The effect of flavonol glycoside on the expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in ultraviolet-irradiated cultured human skin fibroblasts
Cited 18 time in
- The effect of flavonol glycoside on the expressions of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in ultraviolet-irradiated cultured human skin fibroblasts
- H I Moon; Joongku Lee; O P Zee; J H Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 176-179
- Publication Year
- Long-term and repeated exposure of ultraviolet (UV) light, a harmful environmental stress, on the skin often induces chronic skin diseases, such as skin cancer as well as photo-aging (premature skin aging), and the mechanisms of these skin damages are closely associated with up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) activities. Here, we investigated the effect of quercetin-3-O-β-d-(6″-feruloyl)-galactopyranoside isolated from the stems of Viola hondoensis (Violaceae) on the expression of MMPs in UV-irradiated human skin fibroblasts in vitro. Quercetin-3-O-β-d-(6″-feruloyl)- galactopyranoside markedly reduced UV-induced MMP-1 expression at the protein levels in a dose-dependent manner. Our report is the first description for the ability of quercetin-3-O-β-d-(6″-feruloyl)-galactopyranoside to regulate UV-induced MMP-1 expression.
- MMP-1quercetin-3-O-β-d-(6″-feruloyl)- galactopyranosideultravioletviola hondoensis
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.