Cited 25 time in
- Porphyrobacter dokdonensis sp. nov., isolated from sea water
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Mi-Hwa Lee; Hyun Woo Oh; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1079-1083
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming, slightly halophilic bacterial strain, DSW-74T, was isolated from sea water off the island of Dokdo, Korea, and its taxonomic position was investigated by a polyphasic study. Strain DSW-74T grew optimally at 37°C and in the presence of 2 % (w/v) NaCl. It contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C17:1ω6c and C18:1ω7c as the major fatty acids. Its DNA G+C content was 65.8 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain DSW-74T was most closely related to Porphyrobacter species. Similarity values between the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain DSW-74T and those of the type strains of recognized Porphyrobacter species and of Erythromicrobium ramosum were in the range 97.4-98.7 %. Strain DSW-74T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of < 97.5 % to recognized Erythrobacter species and the other species used in the phylogenetic analysis. DNA-DNA relatedness levels and differential phenotypic properties made it possible to categorize strain DSW-74T as representing a novel Porphyrobacter species. On the basis of the taxonomic data presented, it is proposed that DSW-74T (=KCTC 12395T = DSM 17193T) should be classified in the genus Porphyrobacter as the type strain of a novel species, Porphyrobacter dokdonensis sp. nov).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Facility Management Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.