Proteomic analysis and the antimetastatic effect of N-(4-methyl)phenyl-O-(4-methoxy) phenyl-thionocarbamate-induced apoptosis in human melanoma SK-MEL-28 cells
Cited 7 time in
- Proteomic analysis and the antimetastatic effect of N-(4-methyl)phenyl-O-(4-methoxy) phenyl-thionocarbamate-induced apoptosis in human melanoma SK-MEL-28 cells
- S L Choi; Y S Choi; Y K Kim; N D Sung; Chang-Won Kho; Byoung Chul Park; Eun-Mi Kim; Jeong-Hyung Lee; K M Kim; M Y Kim; P K Myung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 224-234
- Publication Year
- We employed human SK-MEL-28 cells as a model system to identify cellular proteins that accompany N-(4-methyl)phenyl-O-(4-methoxy)phenyl-thionocarbamate (MMTC)-induced apoptosis based on a proteomic approach. Cell viability tests revealed that SK-MEL-28 skin cancer cells underwent more cell death than normal HaCaT cells in a dose-dependent manner after treatment with MMTC. Two-dimensional electrophoresis in conjunction with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization-time of flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry analysis or computer matching with a protein database further revealed that the MMTC-induced apoptosis is accompanied by increased levels of caspase-1, checkpoint suppressor-1, caspase-4, NF-κB inhibitor, AP-2, c-Jun-N-terminal kinase, melanoma inhibitor, granzyme K, G1/S specific cyclin D3, cystein rich protein, Ras-related protein Rab-37 or Ras-related protein Rab-13, and reduced levels of EMS (oncogene), ATP synthase, tyrosine-phosphatase, Cdc25c, 14-3-3 protein or specific structure of nuclear receptor. The migration suppressing effect of MMTC on SK-MEL-28 cell was tested. MMTC suppressed the metastasis of SK-MEL-8 cells. It was also identified that MMTC had little angiogenic effect because it did not suppress the proliferation of HUVEC cell line. These results suggest that MMTC is a novel chemotherapeutic and metastatic agents against the SK-MEL-28 human melanoma cell line.
- apoptosismetastasisN-(4-methyl)phenyl-O-(4-methoxy)phenyl- thionocarbamateproteome mapSK-MEL-26 cells
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Critical Diseases Diagnostics Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.