Cited 16 time in
- Antioxidant activities of abietane diterpenoids isolated from Torreya nucifera leaves
- Woo Song Lee; J R Kim; Jong Min Han; K C Jang; D E Sok; Tae Sook Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 15, pp. 5369-5374
- Publication Year
- Investigation on antioxidant compounds from the ethanolic extracts of Torreya nucifera leaves resulted in the isolation of abietane diterpenoids, a known 18-methylesterferruginol (1) and a new 18-dimethoxyferruginol (2). The structures of compounds 1 and 2 were elucidated on the basis of their spectroscopic analyses. Compounds 1 and 2 inhibited the Cu2+- mediated, 2,2′-azobis(2-amidino-propane)hydrochloride-mediated and 3-morpholinosydnonimine-1-mediated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation in the thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances assay as well as the macrophage-mediated LDL oxidation. Compounds 1 and 2 exhibited the potent antioxidant activities in the conjugated diene production, relative electrophoretic mobility, and apoB-100 fragmentation on copper-mediated LDL oxidation. Compound 1 also suppressed nitric oxide production and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells.
- Abietane diterpenoids; Antioxidant activity; Atherosclerosis; INOS; LDL; NO; Torreya nucifera
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.