Nesterenkonia jeotgali sp. nov., isolated from jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood
Cited 31 time in
- Nesterenkonia jeotgali sp. nov., isolated from jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; Seo Youn Jung; W Kim; S W Nam; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2587-2592
- Publication Year
- A Gram-positive, non-motile, slightly halophilic actinomycete, strain JG-241T was isolated from jeotgal, a traditional Korean fermented seafood, and its taxonomic position was investigated by using a polyphasic approach. Strain JG-241T grew optimally at 25-30°C and in the presence of 2-5 % (w/v) NaCl. The physiological and biochemical properties of strain JG-241T were distinguishable from those of recognized Nesterenkonia species. Strain JG-241T had a peptidoglycan type based on L-Lys-Gly-D-Asp. It contained MK-7, MK-8 and MK-9 as the predominant menaquinones and anteiso-C15:0 and anteiso-C17:0 as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylinositol and an unidentified glycolipid. The DNA G + C content was 68.0 mol%. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that strain JG-241T falls within the radiation of the cluster comprising Nesterenkonia species. Similarity values between the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain JG-241T and those of the type strains of Nesterenkonia species ranged from 96.7 to 99.7 %. DNA-DNA relatedness data and repetitive extragenic palindromic DNA-PCR genomic fingerprinting patterns showed that strain JG-241T differs genetically from recognized Nesterenkonia species. On the basis of its phenotypic properties and phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness, strain JG-241T represents a novel species of the genus Nesterenkonia, for which the name Nesterenkonia jeotgali sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is JG-241T (=KCTC 19053T=JCM 1261OT.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.