Cited 0 time in
- Enhancement of chloroplast transformation frequency by using mesophyll cells containing a few enlarged chloroplasts from nuclear transformed plants in tobacco
- Won Joong Chung; Sung Ran Min; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 271-275
- Publication Year
- n the chloroplast transformation process, a chloroplast containing transformed chloroplast genome copies should be selected over wild-type chloroplasts on selection medium. It is more effective for a cell to become homoplasmic if the cell contains smaller number of chloroplasts. Therefore, to reduce the number of chloroplasts in mesophyll cells in tobacco, we overexpressed FtsZ to generate transgenic plants, of which mesophyll cell contained a few enlarged chloroplasts contrast to a wild-type mesophyll cell containing approximately 100 chloroplasts. It was demonstrated that transgenic leaf tissues comprising cells with a few enlarged chloroplasts gave rise to approximately 40% higher frequency of chloroplast-transformed adventitious shoots.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.