Heterocyclic compounds from Chrysanthemum coronarium L. and their inhibitory activity on hACAT-1, hACAT-2, and LDL-oxidation
Cited 26 time in
- Heterocyclic compounds from Chrysanthemum coronarium L. and their inhibitory activity on hACAT-1, hACAT-2, and LDL-oxidation
- M C Song; H J Yang; Tae Sook Jeong; K T Kim; N I Baek
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 573-578
- Publication Year
- The aerial parts of Chrysanthemum coronarium L. were extracted with MeOH, and the concentrated extract was partitioned using EtOAc, n-BuOH, and H 2O, successively. Repeated column chromatography of the EtOAc and n-BuOH fractions gave a new heterocycle, 5,5′-dibuthoxy-2,2′-bifuran (1) along with five known compounds: methyl trans-ferulate (2), prunasin (3), sambunigrin (4), pterolactam (5), and adenosine (6), which were identified by several spectroscopic methods including NMR and MS. This paper is the first report on the isolation of these compounds from C. coronarium L. The IC 50 values of compound 1 for human Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (hACAT)-1 and hACAT-2 were 0.16 mM and 0.19 mM, respectively. Compound 2 inhibited low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation with an IC 50 value of 7.7 μM.
- 5,5′-Dibuthoxy-2,2′-bifuran; Adenosine; Chrysathemum coronarium L; HACAT; LDL-Oxidation; Methyl trans-ferulate; Prunasin; Pterolactam; Sambunigrin
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.