Cyathuscavins A, B, and C, new free radical scavengers with DNA protection activity from the Basidiomycete Cyathus stercoreus
Cited 18 time in
- Cyathuscavins A, B, and C, new free radical scavengers with DNA protection activity from the Basidiomycete Cyathus stercoreus
- H S Kang; K R Kim; E M Jun; S H Park; T S Lee; J W Suh; Jong Pyung Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 4047-4050
- Publication Year
- Three new polyketides, cyathuscavins A (1), B (2), and C (3) were isolated from the mycelium culture of Cyathus stercoreus. The structures of the compounds were elucidated on the basis of NMR and mass spectroscopic data. Antioxidant activities of the compounds were evaluated by the scavenging ability against ABTS+, DPPH, and superoxide anion radicals. Cyathuscavins A-C showed significant antioxidant activity comparable to those of reference antioxidants, BHA and Trolox. Cyathuscavins A-C protected supercoiled plasmid DNA from Fe2+/H2O2-induced breakage.
- Cyathus stercoreus; DNA protection; Free radical scavenger; Polyketide
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.