Synthesis and cytotoxic activities of 2-alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6,9-tri-azacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5,10-dions
Cited 3 time in
- Synthesis and cytotoxic activities of 2-alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6,9-tri-azacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5,10-dions
- J H Kwak; K Namgoong; J K Jung; Jungsook Cho; Hwan Mook Kim; Song Kyu Park; Young Ah Yoo; Joo Hee Kwon; H Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 995-998
- Publication Year
- A series of 2-alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6,9-triazacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5, 10-diones (4a-f) were synthesized and their in vitro cytotoxic activities were evaluated against six human cancer cell lines (HCT15, SK-OV-3, A549, SNB19, MCF7 and MCF7/ADR). A number of compounds including 4c and 4d showed 2-180 times more potent cytotoxic activity than doxorubicin against all human cancer cell lines tested. Furthermore, these compounds retained considerable cytotoxic activity against the doxorubicin-resistant cell line MCF7/ADR, implying their therapeutic potential to treat doxorubicin-resistant tumors.
- Triazacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5,10-dionesCytotoxic activity
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.