Fission yeast-based screening to identify putative HDAC inhibitors using a telomeric reporter strain = 분열효모 시스템의 텔로머릭 리포터 균주를 이용한 HDAC 저해제 스크리닝
Cited 0 time in
- Fission yeast-based screening to identify putative HDAC inhibitors using a telomeric reporter strain = 분열효모 시스템의 텔로머릭 리포터 균주를 이용한 HDAC 저해제 스크리닝
- Kyung Sook Chung; Jiwon Ahn; Jeong Hae Choi; N H Yim; C M Kang; C H Kim; Kyeong Lee; H M Park; K B Song; Mi Sun Won
- Bibliographic Citation
- Molecules and Cells, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 93-99
- Publication Year
- Transcriptional silencing is regulated by promoter methylation and histone modifications such as methylation and acetylation. We constructed a Schizosaccaromyces pombe reporter strain, KCT120a, to identify modifiers of transcriptional silencing, by inserting the ura4+ gene into a heterochromatic telomere region. Two compounds inhibited the activity of histone deacetylases, induced acetylation of histone H3 and caused apoptotic cell death in HeLa cells. Expression of gelsolin and p21waf1/cip1 also increased, as it does in response to HDAC inhibitors such as TSA. Therefore, these compounds appear to be potent inhibitors of HDACs, and hence potential anti-cancer drugs. Our observations suggest that a yeast cell-based assay system for transcriptional silencing may be useful for identifying histone deacetylase inhibitors and other agents affecting chromatin remodeling.
- HDAC inhibitor; heterochromatin; schizosaccharomyces pombe; telomere; yeast-drug screen
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Stem Cell Convergenece Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.