Identification of △9-elongation activity from Thraustochytrium aureum by heterologous expression in Pichia pastoris = 효모 Pichia pastoris에서 이종발현에 의한 Thraustochytrium aureum 유래 지방산 축합 효소의 동정
Cited 10 time in
- Identification of △9-elongation activity from Thraustochytrium aureum by heterologous expression in Pichia pastoris = 효모 Pichia pastoris에서 이종발현에 의한 Thraustochytrium aureum 유래 지방산 축합 효소의 동정
- J C Lee; P Anbu; W H Kim; M J Noh; Soo-Jin Lee; Jeong-Woo Seo; B K Hur
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 524-532
- Publication Year
- The Δ9-elongase isolated from Thraustochytrium aureum, which contains a high level of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), was demonstrated to be associated with the synthesis of C20 PUFAs. The TaELO gene contains a 825 bp ORF that encodes a protein of 274 amino acids that shares a high similarity with other PUFA elongases. The expression of the TaELO gene in Pichia pastoris resulted in the elongation of linoleic acid (LA, C18:2; n-6) and γ-linolenic acid (ALA, C18:3; n-3) to eicosadienoic acid (EDA, C20:2; n-6) and eicosatrienoic acid (ETrA, C20:3; n-3), respectively. The endogenous conversion rate of LA and ALA to EDA and ETrA was 32.68 and 38.57%, respectively. In addition, TaELO was also able to synthesize eicosenoic acid (C20:1; n-9) from oleic acid (OA, C18:1; n-9), even though the conversion level was low (2.81%). Furthermore, TaELO was able to carry out the Δ6-elongation of γ-linolenic acid (GLA, C18:3; n-6) to dihomo-γ-linolenic acid (DGLA, C20:3; n-6) and Δ5-elongation of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA, C20:5; n-3) to docosapentaenoic acid (DPA, C22:5; n-3). The conversion rate of GLA to DGLA and EPA to DPA were 93 and 28.36%, respectively. The TaELO protein was confirmed to have multifunctional activities, such as Δ9, Δ6, and Δ5-elongations as well as the elongation of monounsaturated fatty acid.
- eicosadienoic acid; eicosatrienoic acid; elongase; polyunsaturated fatty acids; thraustochytrium aureum
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.