Macrolactin S, a new antibacterial agent with FabG-inhibitory activity from Bacillus sp. AT28 = 바실러스균으로부터 분리한 FabG저해활성을 갖는 새로운 항세균물질 Macrolactin S
Cited 27 time in
- Macrolactin S, a new antibacterial agent with FabG-inhibitory activity from Bacillus sp. AT28 = 바실러스균으로부터 분리한 FabG저해활성을 갖는 새로운 항세균물질 Macrolactin S
- Sohn Mi Jin; ChangJi Zheng; Won Gon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 687-691
- Publication Year
- In the course of screening for FabG inhibitors from microbial sources, a new 24-membered ring lactone named macrolactin S, along with the known compound macrolactin B, has been isolated from the mycelium of liquid fermentation cultures of Bacillus sp. AT28. The structure of macrolactin S was determined on the basis of MS and NMR data. Macrolactin S showed a dose-dependent inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus FabG, not inhibiting S. aureus FabI. Also macrolactin S inhibited the growth of 5. aureus, Bacillus subtilis, and Escherichia coli.
- AntibacterialBacillusFabGStaphylococcus aureusMacrolactin
- Springer-Nature Pub Group
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.