2-substitiuted thio- and amino-5,8-dimethoxy-1,4-naphthoquinones as a novel class of Acyl-CoA: cholestrol acyltransferase inhibitors
Cited 5 time in
- 2-substitiuted thio- and amino-5,8-dimethoxy-1,4-naphthoquinones as a novel class of Acyl-CoA: cholestrol acyltransferase inhibitors
- G N Shen; Jung Ho Choi; K Gajulapati; J H Lee; Young Kook Kim; Mun Chual Rho; S H Jung; Kyeong Lee; S S Han; G Y Song; Y Choi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bulletin of Korean Chemical Society, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1088-1092
- Publication Year
- A series of 2-alkyl or 2-arylthio-5,8-dimethoxy-1,4-naphthoquinones (2-Thio-DMNQ, 5a-s) and 2-alkylamino-5,8-dimethoxy-1,4-naphthoquinones (2-Amino-DMNQ, 6a-k) was synthesized and evaluated for their ACAT inhibitory activities. Among them, the 2-dodecylthio-DMNQ 5l and 2-isobutylamidoundodecylthio-DMNQ 5r showed the most potent ACAT inhibitory activities with IC50 value of 22.8 and 24.4 μM, respectively. In a structure-activity relationship study, 2-thio-DMNQs with side chains of carbon number 11 ~ 15 exhibited significant ACAT inhibitory activities.
- naphthoquinones; mast cells, acyl CoA; Cholestrol Acyl Transferase (ACAT); structure-activity
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.