Cited 40 time in
- Structural characteristics of flavanones and flavones from Cudrania tricuspidata for neuraminidase inhibition = 꾸지뽕나무 뿌리로 부터 뉴라미니데이즈 제해제 개발
- Young Bae Ryu; M J Curtis-Long; J W Lee; Hyung Won Ryu; J Y Kim; Woo Song Lee; K H Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 4912-4915
- Publication Year
- The structural characteristics of flavonoids (1.3 and 6.8) from the root of Cudrania tricuspidata required for neuraminidase inhibition were studied and compared with commercially available flavonoids (4, 5, and 9.12). Alkylated flavanones (1.3) display better inhibition than the corresponding parent compound 4. Importantly, flavanone 1 bearing a C-8 hydrated prenyl group showed extremely high inhibition with IC50 of 380 nM. On the other hand, the parent flavone 5 was more effective than alkylated analogues (6.8). Isolated inhibitors (1.3 and 6.8) showed noncompetitive inhibition in kinetic studies. The binding affinity of flavanones (1.4) for neuraminidase in in silico docking experiments correlated well with their IC50 values and noncompetitive inhibition mode.
- Neuraminidase; Cudrania tricuspidata; Flavonoid
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.