Comparative study on inhibitory activity of zerumbone and zerumbone 2,3-epoxide on NF-κB activation and NO production
Cited 15 time in
- Comparative study on inhibitory activity of zerumbone and zerumbone 2,3-epoxide on NF-κB activation and NO production
- P M Giang; P T Son; H Z Jin; J H Lee; Jung Joon Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Scientia Pharmaceutica, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 589-595
- Publication Year
- In the present study the significant role of the α,β-unsaturated carbonyl structure in the anti-inflammatory activity of the natural humulane sesquiterpenoids zerumbone and zerumbone 2,3-epoxide was evidenced from a comparative study of the ability of zerumbone and zerumbone 2,3-epoxide to inhibit NF-κB activation and NO production in LPS (lipopolysaccharide)- stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. The IC50 of these compounds were 1.97 μM ± 0.18 and 30.11 μM ± 4.10 in the NF-κB activation assay and 3.58 μM ± 0.46 and 34.7 μM ± 3.72 in the nitric oxide production assay, respectively.
- NF-κBNO productionZerumboneZerumbone-2,3-epoxide
- ？sterreichischer Apothekerverlag
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.