Cited 19 time in
- Increase of RhoB in γ-radiation-induced apoptosis is regulated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase in Jurkat T cells
- C H Kim; Mi Sun Won; J H Choi; Ji Won Ahn; Bo Kyung Kim; K B Song; C M Kang; Kyung Sook Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 391, no. 2, pp. 1182-1186
- Publication Year
- The Ras-related small GTP-binding protein RhoB is known to be a pro-apoptotic protein and immediate-early inducible by genotoxic stresses. In addition, JNK activation is known to function in γ-radiation-induced apoptosis. However, it is unclear how JNK activation and γ-radiation-dependent RhoB induction are related. Here we verified the relationship between JNK activation and RhoB induction. RhoB induction by γ-radiation occurred at the transcriptional level and transcriptional activation of RhoB was concomitant with an increase in RhoB protein. γ-Radiation-induced RhoB expression was markedly attenuated by pretreatment with a JNK-specific inhibitor, SP600125, but not by a p38 MAPK inhibitor, SB203580. Inhibition of JNK caused a decrease in early apoptotic cell death that correlated with RhoB expression. However, PI3K inhibition had no significant effects, indicating that the AKT survival pathway was not involved. The siRNA knockdown of JNK resulted in a decrease in RhoB expression and the siRNA knockdown of RhoB restored cell growth even in the γ-irradiated cells. These results suggest that RhoB regulation involves the JNK pathway and contributes to the early apoptotic response of Jurkat T cells to γ-radiation.
- γ-Radiation; Apoptosis; JNK; Jurkat; RhoB
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Stem Cell Convergenece Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.