Cited 0 time in
- Inhibition of neuraminidase activity by polyphenol compounds isoalated from the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis = 감초뿌리로부터 뉴라미니데이즈 저해제인 폴리페놀 화합물 개발
- Young Bae Ryu; Jang Hun Kim; Su-Jin Park; Jong Sun Chang; Mun Chual Rho; K H Bae; K H Park; Woo Song Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 971-974
- Publication Year
- We isolated 18 polyphenols with neuraminidase inhibitory activity from methanol extracts of the roots of Glycyrrhiza uralensis. These polyphenols consisted of four chalcones (1-4), nine flavonoids (5-13), four coumarins (14-17), and one phenylbenzofuran (18). When we tested the effects of these individual compounds and analogs thereof on neuraminidase activation, we found that isoliquiritigenin (1, IC50 = 9.0 μM) and glycyrol (14, IC50 = 3.1 μM) had strong inhibitory activity. Structure-activity analysis showed that the furan rings of the polyphenols were essential for neuraminidase inhibitory activity, and that this activity was enhanced by the apioside group on the chalcone and flavanone backbone. In addition, the presence of a five-membered ring between C-4 and C-2′ in coumestan was critical for neuraminidase inhibition. All neuraminidase inhibitors screened were found to be reversible noncompetitive inhibitors.
- Anti-influenza; Coumestan; Glycyrrhiza uralensis; Neuraminidase
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.